About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in the world with 78 offices in 46 countries. Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age – to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
Baker McKenzie is currently recruiting an Assistant Manager Business Development (fulltime, location can be anywhere in the EMEA region).
Overall purpose of this position
Business Planning and Budgeting
- Develop the Industry Groups' BD and marketing strategy in the EMEA region, including it's annual business plan and budget and manage implementation
- Identify and develop industry specific service offerings, working with practice groups, including creation of marketing collateral, training materials/presentations and thought leadership programs relating to these services
Management of the Group’s Steering Committee
- Advise and guide Committee on priorities, most valuable opportunities and use of resources
- Organize and facilitate (group) meetings, including developing agendas and materials, securing speakers, etc
- Lead global account management for one Industry Key Client (IKC), working with the client team to develop and drive the implementation of the global client plan
- Engage with IKC teams to assist with their business plans, solicit and share market and client intelligence
BD, client and marketing support network
- Develop and host regular calls with colleagues who serve in the industry to share industry trends, BD opportunities, client development ideas and Firm service offerings
- Work with, guide and coach marketing and business development staff in order to ensure consistency of initiatives
Profile Raising & Communications
- Identify and manage conferences, seminars, events & sponsorships, in particular, the IG's flagship events
- Identify and develop marketing materials required by practitioners in the group and sub-groups
- Develop and execute a communications media plan
Bid Support & Credentials
- Prepare industry group-specific bids and proposals and contribute to multi-group bids and proposals
- Develop and maintain suites of industry group bid support materials for each subsector
- Encourage and/or lead proposal debriefs and client satisfaction reviews
- Bachelor’s degree desirable; Masters or qualifications focusing on Marketing, Communications, Sales or other related commercial subjects would be advantageous
- Some experience working in a professional services industry or similar marketing and business development roles
- Excellent English language written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Team spirit, collaboration, positivity and adaptability are important skills
- A high level of commercial acumen and business curiosity to identify growth opportunities for the business and keep abreast of business trends
- The ability and gravitas to interact, coach and manage Partners involved in the IKC program
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver strong return on investment
- Strong project management skills, with high level of attention to detail, ability to deliver complex cross-border projects on time
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, cross-border team is preferred
Travelling will be required to Firm Meetings and ad hoc client meetings.
For more information, please contact:
Dana Verveld (Senior Recruiter) via email@example.com or 020-5517812.