About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in the world with 78 offices in 46 countries. Our office at the "Zuidas" in Amsterdam employs approximately 180 lawyers, tax lawyers and notaries, working for international and large Dutch clients. Baker McKenzie is currently recruiting a: Business Development Advisor (fulltime).
Overall purpose of this position
The bulk of your day-to-day job will be to draft commercial proposals, respond to large and small RFPs and develop capability statements, almost exclusively in English. In addition, you will be responsible for developing and updating pitch materials, databases and structuring the feedback process. As part of your job, you will liaise with a large number of stakeholders, e.g. the responsible partner(s), the client, the Business Development team, the pitch production center, the pitch pursuit excellent team and colleagues in the various Baker McKenzie offices across the globe.
Gerard Wentink: “In the BD department we often work under pressure and the stakes are high. We are looking for a new colleague who can deal with this and still maintain a good sense of humour."
More specifically, someone who can:
- liaise with partners, clients and the pitch production center in order to develop proposals and capability statements
- respond to requests from other offices for input on proposals (e.g. deals, CVs, quotes etc)
- create and maintain template pitch materials for Baker McKenzie Amsterdam
- evaluate proposals and track and monitor areas of improvement into the overall bids & tenders process, including post-pitch feedback interviews with the client
- conduct basic desktop market/client research for purpose of proposals
We are looking for an enthusiastic, Business Development Advisor for the Bids & Tenders Team, which is part of our larger Business Development department. We would like to add someone to our existing team, who is detail-oriented, pragmatic, eager to learn and has the talent and drive to be(come) a strong commercial advisor to the organization. You already have experience in proposal management (2-3 years), ideally in in the legal/tax services industry (law firm,accounting firm or consulting firm).
Ideally, our new colleague is:
- a team player
- a strong communicator and excellent writer with a love for language
- aware of political sensitivities
- flexible in your planning
- well-versed in PowerPoint
- precise (bordering on anal)
- creative (both in wording as well as visualization of ideas/processes)
- flawless and fluent in English
Compensation & benefits
In return, we offer a dynamic, versatile job in a challenging working environment as part of an ambitious and fun team. You will have the opportunity to help shape policies, pitch new ideas and help us further optimize and improve processes and materials.
For more information, please contact:
Dana Verveld (Senior Recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-5517812.