About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is one of the largest law firms in the world with 77 offices in 47 countries. As a leading law firm Baker McKenzie has over sixty years of experience in cross-border legal practice. Our office at the "Zuidas" in Amsterdam employs approximately 200 lawyers, tax lawyers and notaries, working for international and large Dutch clients. Baker McKenzie is currently recruiting a Business Development Advisor (fulltime).
Overall purpose of this position
Our new colleague is capable of building successful relationships in the Amsterdam office and beyond to:
Undertake an active role in the management of a number of client relationships, working with partners and teams to develop deep knowledge of our relationships with clients. Specifically:
- Develop and drive the implementation of annual client plans.
- Conduct client relationship reviews and, where relevant, post transaction / matter reviews and pitch debriefs.
- Provide guidance as necessary to major pitches and tenders run by offices or the Bids & Tenders Team and/or Legal Project Management Team.
Facilitate closer coordination and alignment of the Industry Groups:
- Assist to create and maintain a matrix of all major client development activities per predetermined Industry Group (client conference programs, client visits, relationship reviews, pitches and other service proposals, etc.).
- Assist to create and maintain all major development activities on behalf of a portfolio of target clients per Industry Group.
- Help to conduct more client reviews; providing guidance and training at practice, industry group, and office as required.
- Initiate and attend Industry Group meetings and lead on client planning/development sessions.
Support the Amsterdam Client Program:
- Help to evaluate the existing client base to identify significant opportunities for growth.
- Create key account plans for target clients, which are centered around the needs and expectations of the client.
- Coach on good strategic account management processes and facilitating the roll out of other new best practices or standards.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, Business Development Advisor for the Client Development Team, which is part of our larger Business Development department. We would like to add someone to our existing team, who is detail-oriented, pragmatic, eager to learn and has the talent and drive to become a strong commercial advisor to the organization. Ideally – you already have some experience working in the legal/tax services industry.
Ideally, we want our new colleague to:
- Have a graduate level (law or business degree preferred);
- Have at least 6 years work experience (preferably a background as a lawyer or tax advisor)
- Be a team player
- Be a strong communicator
- Be aware of political sensitivities
- Be flexible in your planning
- Be well-versed in PowerPoint and excel
- Be creative and precise
- Be able to write and speak English flawlessly and fluently
Gerard Wentink, Director of Business Development:
"The Client Development Team has been a great success for the Amsterdam office. It has proven to be a great value to clients. Our partners love to have dedicated BD Advisors on their teams to develop markets, industry groups, client relationships and initiatives. If you think you have the right skills, flexibility and experience to further strengthen our team, we would be happy to get in touch with you!”
Compensation & benefits
We offer a dynamic, versatile job in a challenging working environment as part of an ambitious (but most of all humorous and dedicated) team. You will have the opportunity to help shape policies, pitch new ideas and help us further optimize and improve processes, materials and commercial initiatives.
For more information, please contact:
Dana Verveld (Senior Recruiter) via email@example.com or 020-5517812.